Monday, August 19, 2013

You have got to be kidding me!

You know those posts people put on their Facebook status', and you read it and immediately think, "Why would you share that with the world? TMI?".....Well I'm about to be that girl. But hey, that is precisely why I started a blog, so that I don't blow up Facebook and annoy everyone with every little thought I have. A blog is out of sight, out of mind, so if you care, it's here, if you could care less, it's not all up in your face :) You're welcome.

So I made a discovery Saturday that made me think "You have got to be kidding me!". Just when you think you've hit and gone through the "I have to pee every 5 seconds" phase, my friend, it has only just begun. Which isn't the most fun thing to learn when you've got an all day shopping day planned with your mom and 18 month old niece!  It's fun enough maneuvering that stroller in and out of Saturday-before-school-starts traffic at the mall, let alone when you have to go back and forth between the bathroom between just about every single store. I mean I couldn't complete the simple task of trying on outfits in a store because by the time I found something I'd like to try on, I had to go. My mom was a trooper, never huffing or giving me a hard time!

Now, I'm a firm believer in the idea that everything happens for a God-ordained reason. (Except knats I'll never understand those.) So I began thinking, maybe the frequent bathroom breaks are to prepare me for the numerous times I'll have to stop and change a diaper or feed the baby when he or she is here. So my frustration and eye-rolling with each trip turned to smiles and a slight chuckle to myself.

I hear women complain all the time about how awful being pregnant is, and being only 14 weeks this coming Wednesday, I can't say I completely get it, but at the same time, I do. Its a huge shock to the body, for some more so than others.


You're very much like the Katy Perry song, "You're hot then you're cold, you're yes then you're no, in then you're out, you're up then you're down.... You don't really want stay, you don't really wanna go".


It's a lot to take in, especially when you feel bipolar emotionally, physically, mentally and even spiritually 24 hours a days. Exhausting to say in the least. For me though, even taking all of that into account, next to my salvation, and marrying my husband, being pregnant with this child has been the most enjoyable and blessed experience of my entire life. It's going to be hard to hold a candle to.

Thinking about the milestones we'll be hitting in the coming future....first smile, first coo, first roll-over, first crawl, first step....and so many more, it makes me tear up. Then, to make matters worse, all of you parents sending your babies to Kindergarten for their fist day today, makes me realize I need to soak up every single moment, because "life is but a vapor, it appears for a little while and then vanishes away." (James 4:14) All too soon this baby will grow from inside my belly, to the insides of a school classroom, to the inside of their first car, to the inside of their first apartment, to the inside of their first marriage, and then have a baby of their own. But for now, I'm going to enjoy what God has given us, and savor every moment. 

For closing today, I'd like to add a little two-cents from the daddy-to-be. This is on the spot, without reading my blog first. I just hollered at him 2 seconds before adding this part and said "What's your two cents on this whole baby thing? I wanna share that tonight!" This is his candid response....

 "Well, I could tell you as much as I hope you're a boy, because mom has bought a ton already, I'm just ready to find out, because mom has been freaking out. I love you regardless of what you're gonna be, I'm just ready to see you".


And on that note, obviously baby Haney, I love you regardless if you're a boy or girl too! Just ready to meet you in February!

Goodnight friends. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment