Thursday, August 22, 2013

I need.....some oxygen!

In the words of Madea in the "Diary of a mad black woman", all I could think the past couple weeks after climbing the stairs to our apartment was

"Bring me...some oxygen....I need...oxygen"


Sooooo that's what prompted me, "Mal, you should probably start exercising again". See, once I found out I was pregnant, I pretty much stopped all physical exercise. Being my first kid, I freak out about everything! I was too afraid of unknowingly doing something that might harm the tiny life that had just begun in me. So I decided to wait it out through my first trimester, doing little more than the occasional walk on the treadmill during my lunch break. I initially gained 5 pounds, then lost 5 pounds, and am now at a break even point. So really, it's not bothered me too much until lately, just because I don't feel I should be so winded after a couple flights of stairs. So I started back at it, slowly, last night. I did a few lunges up and down the hallway, and different variations of body weight squats. I never knew my legs could be sore from body weight squats. It is that bad.

It's a work in progress, but you gotta start somewhere right?


Thanks to the bellyband my mom so graciously purchased for me, I am able to wear my skinny jeans again! Even the hair-twisty trick wasn't working with those babies! So thanks mom!  Now I can actually dress cute again, and not worry about someone seeing my pants flap wide open! My mom also told me about my new favorite secret weapon! It is a stretch mark creme called "Mother's friend". It smells nice and clean, and isn't greasy feeling! It supposedly worked wonders for my mom, not gaining a single stretch mark from us kids, so I'm excited about it. I apply it religiously about 3 times a day, once in the morning, once after work, and once before bed. I'm sure I'll up the dosage in the next few weeks! 

Oh hey! I turned 14 weeks yesterday! Happy day! Baby is the size of a lemon! I will have another preggo-pic at 16 weeks to share with you all!



In the meantime, here are a few fun tid-bits for my 14 week progress!

Total weight gain :  I'm proud to say, none. Yet.

Maternity Clothes?  Still wearing my normal clothes. Maxi dresses are going to become my friend. Most comfortable things ever!

Stretch Marks? Not on my stomach.........

Best moment this week?  The excitement of wearing skinny jeans again! (lame, I know lol)

Anything make you queasy or sick? Still just mexican food as of now.

Gender? Coming soon... ;) Trust me, once we know, it is ON with the shopping!

Belly button in or out? Still in right now!

Miss anything? Sushi. I know i can have it every now and again, but the cravings happen more than "every now and again".

Food cravings? Nothing new really, I have eaten a lot of fudge pops. I eat more pickled okra than normal, and always crave sweet tea.

Symptoms? Morning sickness has pretty much gone away. I get a random wave of nausea from certain smells. My back and hips ache sometimes when laying down, which makes for a rough night of sleep. Oh, and frequent bathroom trips!

Happy or moody most of the time? Lately, I've been pretty happy, happy, happy! I think the mood swings have subsided for just the time being. I'm sure Mike is happy about that part!

Looking forward to? Knowing the gender, and feeling the baby move for the first time!

Well, that's all for tonight! Goodnight friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment