Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Catch me if you can!

The tagline is exactly what I feel like is going to be the catch phrase for our little one! Especially after today's ultrasound! But we'll get to that in a minute.

The past couple days have been HEAVENLY! I finally have my energy back, and don't feel like a walking zombie, counting down until my next napping opportunity! I can somewhat eat normal now. Mexican food still makes me feel sick thinking about it, and I really can't think about touching raw chicken still. Aside from that, I'm fine! I made cajun alfredo seafood pasta last night. It wasn't bad. I couldn't eat a ton, because the seafood smell was overwhelming. Mike enjoyed it though! Maybe its a post-pregnancy recipe.

I'm beginning to show a little bit! People who don't know me probably can't tell, but if you knew how flat my stomach WAS....compared to now, its pretty obvious. I was kind-of encouraged today at the doctor! I actually weigh 5 pounds less than I did at my last appointment 4 weeks ago. So that puts me back at my break even point pre-pregnancy, because I initially GAINED 5 pounds. So that was a good thing, and the doctor said it was completely normal!

Seeing our baby today was so unreal. It actually looks like a baby now, verses a gummy bear. Let me tell you now, this child is going to be on the move! It was wiggling around dancing, and then even lifted it's leg up by its head for a second! It was cracking me up. I picture it being a mini-me, who loves to be at the center of attention, combined with a mini-mike who likes to show off! I was wishing I could take the ultrasound machine home with us so I could just watch him or her grow and develop! On my next appointment, we will get to find out if it is a little boy, or a little girl, at which time we'll announce the name we've had picked out for a while now! Trust me, the anticipation is killing me! I tried to get a peek today to see if they would show the goods early, but to no avail.


Last night I got out one of my little dresses I usually would only wear when I'm in good shape. I put it on for fun, so I could see just how much I was showing. At 13 weeks, the baby is the size of a peach. He/she measured at 6cm today, right on target.

Mommy and Daddy already love you like crazy little one. You're going to rock our world in February, and we couldn't be more ready! Please be nice to mommy as you grow, don't kick too hard, and I won't eat too much spicy food. Deal? Ok. (Also, don't expect this bargaining thing to continue once you get here. I know a lot of your friends will have mommy and daddy pressed under their thumb, and rule the roost, but not you. What mom and dad says goes, and you'll know it's because we love you :)


No comments:

Post a Comment