Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Do You Hear What I Hear?

I can tell that Londyn responds to sound now. 

She recognizes music and begins to dance.

When I wake up in the morning and grumble, her elbows scrape across my stomach.

When her daddy gets home from work and kisses my belly to say hello, she starts doing aerobics.

It's amazing how even though there are still 3 months until she makes her appearance, she has already made her presence known, and is somewhat aware of what is going on around her. 

This girl is definitely growing like crazy too. I've had numerous people tell me "Well didn't you just pop out over night!?" The most significant sign that makes me realize she's growing though is Mike saying "Man, you really have gotten a lot bigger this past week". He sees me everyday, so its hard to notice changes, but even he can tell lately. 

I can definitely tell too. She has some hard kicks and elbow scrapes at this point in my pregnancy. Monday, she lodged herself right up by my ribcage, to the point that it hurt, and I had to help her work her way back down.  From that day, I've noticed my ribcage area has been extra sore. It started mainly on my left side, but has moved to both sides now. Mainly when I am sitting down, I get a sharp pain right under my bra line. I can get complete relief with a pressure point though, so it's manageable.

It has really began to hit me lately that this isn't just a cool experience. I'm not just counting down time to an event, like a child does for Christmas each year. The anticipation continues to build, and 3 months from now, that anticipation will transform into an overwhelming excitement. From that point, it will be a complete whirlwind of emotions and experiences, for the rest of our lives. I absolutely can't wait. For me, I think one of my favorite things, is watching Mike and Londyn interact. He is an amazing man, outstanding husband, loyal friend, hardworking employee, inspiring trainer, but in 3 months, he will add the title of loving father to his list of attributes that make me fall in love everyday. He already loves talking about and talking TO his princess. He's already all about spoiling her too. He's definitely very protective already too. It really has been a joy to watch him form the connection with her. 

Our connection as a couple has transformed too.  We've grown so much closer as a couple; I've learned to trust Mike as my leader, and drop the "Miss Independent" status; We have learned to trust God and watch him come through, in every circumstance. Soon we will learn how to be parents, together, to a sweet baby girl. Life is so much fun with him!!

A lot has happened in the past few weeks! Mike was offered and accepted a job within Sam's Club that allowed us to move back to Northwest Arkansas. Initially we thought that I would actually have to stay in Tulsa alone until about mid-January. It wasn't ideal, but until God opened some doors, due to insurance, and our lease agreement, it seemed to be our only choice. Sparing a long story, just trust me when I say God opened a whole bunch of very specific doors, that allowed us to move back to Northwest Arkansas TOGETHER. There is no way we could have made this happen without God's divine intervention and favor on our lives. (One door that was opened by "man", was my parent's door. They are so graciously letting us stay with them until Londyn is born and we are able buy a house, without rushing into one. This is a bigger blessing and stress-lifter than I can ever put into a blog. So mom and dad, thank you so much. You guys are a God-send. Not many people can live with their parents, or in-laws. We are truly blessed, and love you more than we can say!)

We are so thankful we will be able to give birth to and raise our daughter surrounded by friends and family. It's going to be a blast! Ok, so to close tonight, I have a very special feature from Londyn's daddy, and the love of my life. I asked him just to email me a little something for tonight's blog. I told him it could be anything he wanted.....and this is what he sent, unedited......

"Well with each passing week this Daddy is getting more and more excited to meet his little girl! It's hard to contain the excitement knowing we are only 13 weeks away. While you don't know this yet we have moved you from Tulsa, OK back to Fayetteville, AR. (Our hometown) so that means you will be born in our home town and Razorback country around the family which we are very excited about! Your poor momma is having problems sleeping because you are getting so big. It doesn't bother her too bad though because she knows that means you are getting closer to being out here with us! Baby girl, daddy loves you SO much already and can't wait for you to be here with momma and I! Praying for your healthy development sweet girl! See you soon! :) 

-Daddy"



No comments:

Post a Comment